With Easter coming up soon, the best way to delight your loved ones is by preparing some special yummy treats. And, for kids what else can serve to be a better treat than the scrumptious chocolate delights. The sugary chocolaty treats are not just reserved for kids by delighted by people across all ages. No matter whichever country you belong to, the word No rarely exists for chocolate treats. Every country has its own unique dessert recipes that sound quite interesting to know about. Cookies, cakes, pastries, fruit desserts, pancakes, waffles, tarts and so much are available for the ones with a sweet tooth. Well, today I have got something interesting to share that can be a perfect recipe for your Easter celebration- Fairy cakes. Fairy cakes taste so yummy and most of you would have had it so many times but here is a fantastic recipe that can help you prepare at home. First, let’s know the reasons why a fairy cake tastes so yummy.
- Delicate: The texture of a fairy cake is so delicate that it would bounce back if pushed down in the centre. This sign denotes on the fact that the ingredients of the cake are holding it quite well and consistently.
- Yummy and Tasty: The cake tastes incredibly sweet and tasty due to the perfect blend of ingredients put in the preparation of the cake.
- Golden Brown: The perfect sign of a well baked cupcake is the golden brown colour. In case the cake is too pale then the centre of the cake needs a bit of heating. Also, in the other hand in case the cake is not supposed to be too dark.
Well, now your taste buds seem to be asking a bite for it, so let’s get started for making a perfect one. You just have to follow the recipe mentioned below and your yummy treat is ready for a bite!
- 225g unsalted butter, plus a little extra for greasing the tray
- 4 large eggs
- 1 lemon
- 225g sugar
- 225g self-rising flour, plus a little extra to work on the surface
- Few drops of vanilla extract
Pre heat the oven to 190 C
Beat the butter and sugar together well with the help of a wooden spoon so that the ingredients do not get too sticky. And, once the mixture is light, beat the eggs one by one by stirring each one of it well before adding the other.
Sift the flour carefully, so that there are no bumps in the mixture. This helps the ingredients to blend well in the mixture, enabling a tasty cake. And, once this is done, squeeze a lemon mixture into your bowl before folding the mixture together. Continue folding the mixture for at least 5 minutes till it turns creamy and yellow. While folding the mixture, put a few drops of vanilla to make the cake creamy and yellow.
Place the mixture between 15-20 paper cases on a baking tray and also use a tablespoon to divide the mixture evenly. Bake it for 15 minutes till turns golden brown.
Once they are bakes, leave the fairy cakes for at least 20 minutes to cool off. And, the lovely fairy cakes are ready to be served. So, go and get your yummy treat ready!