How to get a body like Cameron Diaz

CameronMention Cameron Diaz and the first word that pops up in my mind is: hot! One look at those abs and it feels like she was born doing crunches. It is easy to see that Cameron has super tight abs, toned arms, never-ending and well-sculpted legs, gluteus maximus to die for and not even an ounce of fat on that body. I have always wondered what she eats and what kind of exercises she performs to maintain one of the most desirable bodies in showbiz. While I am yet to find out about her diet plan, I got super lucky when I stumbled upon her exercise routine.

The man behind Cameron’s awe inspiring body is renowned celebrity trainer Teddy Bass. The workout he has designed for her includes cardio and ab exercises among other things and you could benefit from the same. Here’s what to try at home/gym:

Cardio:

If you want to cut flab, you HAVE to concentrate on cardio. It is as simple as that, no two ways about it. Many are of the belief that concentrating on ab crunches and obliques are enough to get the desired abdominal muscles. Unfortunately, belly fat cannot be spot corrected. I hate to admit if but I find doing cardio for a long stretch unbearably boring but there are ways to work around it. Keep a photo of a model/celeb whose abs inspire you (Cameron Diaz, for example!). Listening to music helps some while looking at a mirror and checking which muscle is getting worked out is my mantra.

“You need to burn fat with cardio to see ab definition, says Bass.”Elliptical machines are great, because you have to contract your abs in order to stay upright.” It is essential to do cardio for 30 minutes, 3-5 times a week for results. Apart from the elliptical machine, you can run on the treadmill or cycle or even do Pilates.

Ab Sculpting:

This exercise targets transverse abdominal muscles and obliques. Lie face up on floor on a mat. Put right foot on left knee and hands behind your head. Contract abs and lift hips and shoulders off floor while bringing your left elbow towards the right knee. Lower yourself to starting position. Do at least 20 reps. Switch legs and repeat. For maximum results, do 3 sets per side.

Also, like Cameron, try to be an outdoorsy person. Play a lot of sports, be it tennis, golf or plain old jogging. And if you live anywhere on the coast, do what Ms Diaz loves doing best – go surfing! It burns 600 calories per hour and works out the arms, shoulders, back, legs, abs and the gluteus maximus and is a great cardiovascular exercise to boot!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>