I am Angie’s leg, look at me, please!

angiThe 84th Annual Academy Awards might be over and done with but the debate over Angelina Jolie’s right leg is raging on like wild fire. So, Miss Jolie decided to grace the Oscar red carpet this year in a floor-sweeping black velvet Atelier Versace gown and vampy red lips. The event would have passed without incidence had Jolie not decided to stick out her right leg in what can only be called a very awkward stance.

So, why didn’t Angelina Jolie stop at offering us a sneak-peek of her legs through the hip-high slit in her gown? Why did she decide to go through all the trouble of standing in the same weird position throughout the night, every time a shutterbug spotted her or she spotted one? There are probably no easy answers but the internet is brimming with a number of funny ones.

So big a phenomenon this has become that today, Angelina Jolie’s right leg has a personal Twitter account with 27, 014 followers at last count! For a bony, pale leg that showed veins underneath and looked like it was badly in need of some nourishment, that is quite an achievement.

This is not the first time a Hollywood A-lister has worn a gown with a slit up till the thighs but Jolie’s leg managed to grab attention like nobody else could. Unfortunately for her, most of it was negative.

The twitter account dedicated to the leg, @AngiesRightLeg, was made even when the awards were still underway. It tweeted – “Left leg and I talked — everything’s cool. Next Oscars, she gets the slit” and “You have to admit I’m one hell of a leg” to name just a few. Oscar winning screenwriters for The Descendants, Nat Faxon and Jim Rash, even went to the extent of mocking her pose on stage but later claimed it wasn’t mockery at all.

It’s hard to believe that this is the same Angelina Jolie who had showed off her smooth legs in another black gown with a slit in the publicity stills of Mr & Mrs Smith. The toned legs from the 2005 rom-com have given way to the haggard and undernourished one seen recently.

Whatever was going inside Jolie’s (or her stylist’s) mind is difficult to tell but she looked desperate enough for some attention. Maybe next time, she can try toning up first? She can then wear a short dress and show off her limbs to her heart’s content without looking like such a has-been.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>