Inspiration comes in many forms

OPRAHIf there ever was a competition for who can raise their hands the fastest to show their love for Oprah Winfrey, it would be me me me! I would definitely be a contender for the Olympic gold medal in that sport but since no such sport exists, least of all in the Olympic arena, I will contend with collecting some collectible quotes uttered by the wonderful Ms Winfrey.

Here, I list two of the most inspirational ones:

• “When you’re doing the work you’re meant to do, it feels right and every day is a bonus, regardless of what you’re getting paid.”

We all have days when the work we do, no matter how much we love it, fails to motivate us. When we begin to question the very reason we do what we do. I too am engulfed by such gloom ever so often. It is during such times that the quote above cheers me up and eggs me on.

• “Getting my life-long weight struggle under control has come from a process of treating myself as well as I treat others, in every way.”

It is true, isn’t it? We have a ready smile for the others, make efforts to be cheerful even when we are feeling anything but and put on our best faces for others to see. For them, nothing but only the best would do. However, when it comes to ourselves, we immediately slip and fall from grace and adopt a lax attitude. Should it be so? No, definitely not! Whenever I find myself being overly critical, I remind myself what Oprah said and chant this quote like a mantra.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>