The reasons associated with the goodness of Olive oil seem to be adding day on day. And it has to be so, the oil has got some really great benefits.
A few reasons as to why we think one should consume more of olive oil:
- Splendid Taste: Virgin olive oil is excellent when consumed raw. Day on day people seem to be discovering the different flavours of this oil that extends from delicate to robust.
- Good seasoning: Just like you keep salt and pepper, you can also keep a bottle of olive oil on your table at mealtimes. Just one drop of it can add the extra aroma and taste not just to your pasta and salad sauces but also stews, soups, grilled fish, roast meat, fresh cooked vegetables.
- A great source of weight loss: All the ladies planning for the dietary action must know that olive oil helps in replacing bad saturated fats with mono saturated fats that helps in weight loss. Research has even stated that a diet rich in olive oil helps in a long lasting weight loss than a low fat diet.
- Adds to the beauty: Including olive oil in your diet helps your skin to stay healthy and beautiful. The oil contains large proportions of Vitamin A, D, K and E has a strong anti-oxidant effect protecting cell oxidation and the free radicals. The oil is an excellent option to treat skin disorders like acne, psoriasis and eczema.
- Strengthens your immune system: Olive oil helps the immune system against external attacks from bacteria, viruses and infections. The oil is high in polyphenols, cartenoids and Vitamin E that helps in strengthening the immune system and protecting from the damaging effects of free radicals.
- Eases aches and pains: It has been revealed by scientists that olive oil is a natural painkiller. The oil contains a natural organic compound called oleocanthal that acts like an anti-inflammatory pain killer ibuprofen.
- Helps the child growth during Pregnancy: Olive oil plays a key role in the foetal development during pregnancy. And, the shortage of its development might lead to pernicious effects on the baby’s subsequent development. Studies have revealed that the post natal development of babies of Mothers who have consumed olive oil during pregnancy is better in terms of height, weight, behaviour and psychomotor reflexes.
- Makes you healthier, Live Longer and Improves Memory: Containing a high level of anti-oxidants that is not found in other oils. It is rich in vitamins and monosaturated fats, helps to control blood pressure, prevent cardio-vascular diseases, diabetes, cancerous diseases, cholesterol level and other illnesses. It is also known for its benefits for preventing from memory loss and diseases like Alzheimer’s and dementia.
Now, that is a good load of reasons to say as why you should consume olive oil.