The joys of reading in summer – three perfect reads to see you through the season

0612-hypnotists-love-story-lgnI don’t know why but summers always make me think of books. The bright sun, a picnic mat, some sunscreen and a good book sum up my summer fantasy. However, it isn’t enough to just read any book. For example, despite being a classic, reading Rebecca on a beautiful sunny day will be a spoilsport of sorts. What do they say about books being atmospheric? Well, I think the right atmosphere too adds to the entire experience of reading a book. Pick a wrong book for the wrong time and you are bound to ruin it.

Here are my top summer picks:

• The Hypnotist’s Love Story by Liane Moriarty – How would you react if you found out your current boyfriend’s ex is a stalker? Freaky concept, you think? Read this absolute page turner for a complete new take on obsessive passion.
  • The Paris Wife by Paula McLain – This is tale of love between the unforgettable Ernest Hemingway and his first wife, Hadley (Hemingway went on to marry thrice after). Life changes forever for Hadley when she meets her future husband, resulting in whirlwind romance, a wedding and the move to Paris thereafter. Perfect summer read!
  • Fly Away Home by Jennifer Weiner – Politics and a raunchy scandal always make for unputdownable reading. This fine new novel from the author of In Her Shoes just confirms that.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>