This spring season, be body beautiful!

JergensWho doesn’t like spring? With flowers blooming, the mist lifting, ice thawing and air being injected with freshness, life and vigour, nature has given us enough reasons to love spring. However, (there is always a however, isn’t it?) if there is one thing this beautiful season could have done without, it is the havoc that it wreaks our skin. Even winter isn’t as damaging to skin as spring is. While normal people have to battle stretchy, dry skin, the poor souls suffering from dermatological conditions like eczema have to go through much worse. Skin splitting and blood oozing becomes a part of spring time for them, making the lovely season one of the worst ones for them.

While it is best to seek professional help for any major skin problem, those suffering from regular dryness and flakiness during the season can reduce the intensity of the condition by investing in indulgent, opulent body butters and lotions. Almost all the major skincare brands boast of creams, lotions and butters that promise to transform toady, rhino-like skin into pure cashmere. Trial and error over the years has helped me decide on the ones that really work. Here are my top picks:

• Burt’s Bees is to dry skin what a citrusy face wash is to oily skin. Thick, rich and creamy, the new Güd line of skincare products from Burt’s Bees is infused with sweet cherries and is perfect for super dry skin. The refreshing aroma only adds to its goodness.
  • When it comes to moisturisers, nothing impresses me as much as a Jergens product does. The Ultra Healing Extra Dry Skin Moisturizer is a product to die for. Though it is effective, I love the fact that it doesn’t leave a film of oil on the skin and gets absorbed immediately, leaving one with silky, super hydrated skin.
  • Nobody said good skincare had to loot you. Take Aveeno Positively Nourishing 24-hour Ultra-Hydrating Whipped Souffle for example. This luxuriously thick products pumps moisture, penetrates deep to hydrate and leave you with velvet-like skin. All this is done without you having to rob a bank.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>