Try this New Flavour of Soup: The Delicious Red Onion Soup

this New Flavour of Soup The Delicious Red Onion SoupSoup is an excellent food to comfort a person. And, it is one of the fantastic options to stay healthy and is recommended all to add to our daily diets. As a child, if you remember whenever we were unwell, our Moms served us a bowl of thick nutritious soup. It used to be so comforting to sip the hot soup in such times. The best part about soups is that it can be prepared with any food left in your kitchen, including the leftovers. Although, there are a variety of soups that one would have tried. Mine, the most favourite has been chicken noodle soup. However, recently I have learned about an excellent recipe known as – Red Onion soup. And, I seriously loved it to the core. You have tried the onion soup with yellow and white onions, now try the red onion soup. It is sweeter and said to be more colourful.

The onion soup is a French onion soup. In case of Red Onion soup, one does not have to use bread and melted cheese. However, one has to 6 fresh tomatoes to add flavour.

Ingredients:

Six red onions, sliced thinly

Finely chopped 4 cloves of garlic

3 tablespoon of olive oil

Small knob of butter

Splash of brandy

Half pint red wine

Homemade 2 pints of vegetable stock or beef stock

3 sprigs of fresh thyme or a tablespoon of dried thyme

3 inch of piece of orange sweet peel

1 French stick cut into thick slices of 2 inches

Grated ½ lb gruyere cheese

Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Handful of fresh coriander leaves

(1 x 16oz tin tomatoes, optional)

Process to Prepare:

Heat the butter and the olive oil in a pan. Add onions and garlic to it. Stir it for five minutes and cover it. Leave it on low heat for 15-20 minutes by stirring it occasionally. Put the herbs, orange peel, red wine and stir it continuously.  Further to this, add the rest of the stock like brandy and tomatoes for seasoning it. Stir continuously again and cover it. Reduce the heat and allow it to simmer for further 20 minutes. And, then your yummy Red Onion soup is ready to be served.

I hope you like the recipe and enjoy this healthy soup.

One thought on “Try this New Flavour of Soup: The Delicious Red Onion Soup

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>